Using the Library
Our in-house materials are used in the reading room, where a free access Reference Collection, specialized in bibliographical heritage, can be found.
Reading room opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 9:00 to 20:30.
Who can use the library:
1. Holders of UCM Library"s card
- Teachers and administrative staff: free access
- Scholars, students and visitors need a written request
2. Teachers from universities of Comunidad de Madrid with "pasaporte Madroño"
3. Scholars who can justify the need of using the library will receive a provisional card
Who can obtain the card:
- Teachers from Spanish or foreign universities
- Members of Reales Academias, CSIC...
- Any scholar that justifies the need of using our holdings with a letter of introduction.
Requirements to obtain the card:
- National identity card or passport
- Application form
- Teacher or researcher: Professional Identification
- Students: Letter of introduction.